Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh the Places We Will Go...

Blogging Challenge: Day 2

WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE IN 10 YEARS?

There was once a time when I could answer this at a drop of a hat.  It was so much easier when you only had yourself to worry about.  As well as at the time my life path was going in such a different direction.  I had it planned out, I knew what I was doing.  I wasn't doing it very well at first, I struggled, and I grasped at any help.  But I still was very determined to do it.  In my head 10 years from then I was going to be somewhere, be someone.  I was 21 and the world was all mine for the taking. 

Then my heart took hold, spun me around 1,000 times and chucked me out onto this new road I've been stumbling on the last 5 years. 

So where would I like to be in the next 10 years?  I want to be with the man I love enough to change my world around for, have a daughter that is well mannered, well adjusted and happy with her life.  I want her to love her parents, and all that we've been able to provide her with.  I hope to be able to provide her with everything she wants! I hope to have at least one other child.  I want that child to be loved and be loving, and be close to his/her sibling.

I want to be in a new home.  Nothing really big and fancy, I want it cozy and warm.  I want friends to feel welcome.  I  want children's friends to always feel welcome.  I want there to be laughter, and music in my house.  I want a bedroom for each our kids, and an en suit bathroom in mine and James' bedroom.  I want a back yard where our kids can run and play.  With a swing set and a trampoline. 

I want to be in a place in my job where I feel like I always know what I'm doing.  Where I can make the decisions and know that they are the right ones, and if they aren't I will know how to fix them.  I want to be the one with all the answers.  I want to be making my company money so that I can be making more money.  I want to be able to run the office well enough that my boss can go on vacations, and come back happy. 

So, I may not be the person I THOUGHT and PLANNED on being, but I'm exactly who I'm suppose to be now.  I love where I am now and who I am.  I love who I'm becoming, and what I'm making of myself.  10 years from now who knows where I'll be.  I could be in a completely different place then I figured or planned. That's what makes life so much fun though, you just can't plan it.

No comments: